Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The things I've seen...

So I thought this was an awesome topic to end my dry spell with my blogs. Being on the time I am, and with things like the hot 7@7 and the Requesta Fiesta, I have a lot of kids who listen to me and add me on fb. So I guess that's why issues that concern them are starting to concern me. The topic I'm on tonight is Bullying. I was a kid who dealt with it. I was like 3ft tall when I started school and I didn't hit 5ft until grade 8 so yeah that painted a target on my back. That being said I think it toughened me up a lot. I'm 5'3 now, weigh about 120, but I stand with no fear. So I'll be honest almost every time I saw or heard about Bullying being such a huge issue, I kind of rolled my eyes and thought to myself, they're turning kids into wimps. Well after the teen in Ohio who committed suicide due to the level of bullying she was putting up with I thought okay isolated incident. It didn't actually strike me as a major issue until it hit close to home. A friend of mine has a daughter who is I'd guess anywhere from 12-14 years old, has me on facebook. She came to me about about a girl who was driving her nuts on fb, so I went and had a look. It was HORRENDOUS. The anger, violence and hatred this girl posted on her wall. I couldn't get over it. This has changed my mind completely, bullying is a severely overlooked issue. No child should have to put up with this, no PERSON should have to. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place now, because in all honesty, I guess I'm okay for talking to to sort out the ideas, but kids if you're putting up with this, DON'T. Talk to your parents, your teachers, whatever. NO ONE has the right to mistreat you, or harass you. There are lots of things that can be done to end the constant torture, and I urge you to talk to some one, protect yourself and anyone else that this person is doing it to. I don't know why they do it by they don't have a right to.

No comments:

Post a Comment