Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Friends with kids...

For starters I want to thank Jane for posting this
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000717438391&success=1#!/photo.php?fbid=162617177088360&set=a.162617007088377.43688.150180158332062

Hopefully that link worked. In a nutshell it was a like ask the editor, this woman, who had no kids was asking why it was that her friend never had time for her. Anyway some one commented on Jane's post that people without kids have no clue...whoa whoa whoa! If you're a real friend and you've spent time with these kids, yeah I think we may have a clue. We don't get what goes on every day, but a REAL friend gets it, you're occupied 24/7. BOTH or my closest friends I grew up with have kids. We all live in different places in the Maritimes. One lives back in our hometown, I only get to talk to her once a month maybe, she doesn't even hit up FB! I get it, she can't drop everything like she could when we were 14, in fact there have been times I've had her on the phone and been told "Nancy I gotta go, Aerianna just figured out how to get her diaper off"...yeah that was a fun night I bet. The other lives in Oromucto (neat how that worked out) so yeah I get a chance to see her and talk to her more often (they moved the computer out to the living room so she can watch him and fb at the same time). I've spent time with them, son included, really as her friend, meeting her husband and child, the two most important people in her life, kind of matters. While I ADORE Vance, a day with him, I'm tired so I can only imagine what Melissa is feeling...If I'm sick or over tired, I can call in sick to my job...Melissa doesn't get sick days...neither does Lisa. I'm not in the situation where I live it, but I am a good enough friend to understand why Melissa has delayed responses on FB, or why Lisa isn't calling me daily. Life changes, mine has too, and we've all adapted so we can stay in each other's lives. The problem with that story isn't the one with the kids, she's doing the best she can, the problem is the one who doesn't have kids, she needs to make an effort too...

No comments:

Post a Comment