Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Gone too far

So I've been surfing the web today, and a theme was coming to my attention. One I thought WHOA I definitely have a blog topic. Bullying. Do I sound like a bleeding hear here? I was bullied a little when I was growing up. I stood 3ft tall until grade 4...but bullying has evolved. I'll be waiting for you by the swings after school has changed to kids using weapons and it's gone too far. I definitely credit it to the culture they're being raised in, far more violent and volatile than even when I was in school,I graduated in 2004...

What triggered this? There were two stories actually. One was about an 11 year old boy. He joined the cheer leading team at school and was bullied, to the extent one of these kids broke his arm. who exactly is he hurting? Not to mention I would think a male cheerleader would be an asset for throws and flips. These kid didn't break his spirit, he's going to keep going, but really, why?

The other story actually had NOTHING to do with kids. I'm sure most of us know who Gordon Ramsay is. Well stories are surfacing that past contestants from Hell's Kitchen have committed suicide. I've seen the show and think most people would agree...he's a huge bully. His claim is this is how he was taught... does that make it right? The way he talks and treats people is disgusting. I don't frequent the show. Last I checked North America has laws against this stuff...and it's on TV for entertainment?

I don't expect my rant to change the world, or even change anything. I simply hope to open the eyes of one person...then it's accomplished something...

No comments:

Post a Comment