Friday, May 6, 2011

The Anti Bully Blog Series, Edition #8 Follow UP


Where to even begin. Well I’m going to educate you as best I can without giving up the identity of the Anti Bully interview I posted yesterday. I grew up with this kid, and the harsh reality of bullying, some kids don’t make it out alive. It’s a HARSH HARSH truth but one most who read this blog realize. This person though, the level of torment they endured, I think it’s a miracle that they did. They were abused because they DIDN’T fit into that mould people came to expect growing up, they were an individual, and if ANY of the people who DID bully them took the time to get to know them, they would have realized, this is a unique, smart, and interesting person. I’m not going to sit here and say they were my BEST FRIEND, but I will tell you they were my friend. I was talking to this person AFTER the interview and told them I had to give a HUGE tip of the hat to his parents. I came to know BOTH of them, and can tell you, they tried! They tried SO hard to get their son OUT of this situation. They were VERY involved parents, field trips when we were kids, one of them was typically a chaperone. What was funny was field trips, EVERYONE became this person’s friend, it was pretty two faced. I mentioned earlier that it was a miracle he survived the bullying, I think THEY were the miracles. No matter WHAT they did at the schools, the bullying didn’t seem to end, but they must have done something more at home. It’s REALLY unfortunate that this still haunts the individual into adulthood, but I will say this there is a VAST difference from that kid I knew, I’m not sure that kid could have opened up like that. But I feel the adult felt that they could do some good in sharing their story, and I’d have to agree. A HUGE thanks again to that person.

Remember, if you'd like to reach me about anything on the blog, OR you'd like to contribute, you can e-mail me nancy.wood@mbsradio.com

Logo credit to Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment