Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Anti Bully Blog Series, Edition #10

Ok so this post was written by a Listener I ran into over the summer who asked me when the series was coming back. My response, when I have some stories to share. SO Shawn shared one with me, one of his experiences.

One day, when I was a freshman in high school, I saw a kid from my class was walking to the bus .His name was Kyle.It looked like he was carrying all of his books.

I thought to myself, "Why would anyone bring home all his books on a Friday? He must really be a nerd."
I had quite a weekend planned so I shrugged my shoulders and went on.

As I was walking, I saw a bunch of kids point at him ad then started running toward him. They ran at him, knocking all his books out of his arms and tripping him he landed hard in the hall .

His glasses went flying, and I saw them land on the floor about ten feet from him .

He looked up and I saw this terrible sadness in his eyes.

My heart went out to him.

I jogged over to him and as he crawled around looking for his glasses, and I saw a tear in his eye. As I handed him his glasses, I said, "Those guys are jerks. They really should get lives."

He looked at me and said, "Hey thanks!" There was a big smile on his face. It was one of those smiles that showed real gratitude. I helped him pick up his books, and asked him what bus he took .As it turned out, he took the same one as me , so I asked him why I had never seen him before.

He said he had gone to private school before now.

I would have never hung out with a private school kid before .

We talked all the way home.

Monday morning came, and there was Kyle with the huge stack of books again.
I stopped him and said, "Boy, you are gonna really build some serious muscles with this pile of books everyday!

He just laughed and handed me half the books.

Kyle and I became best friends .When we were seniors in high school he had all the ladies and i was just on the sidelines, we began to think about after high school . Kyle decided on college , me i wanted to take a break from school . So kyle moved to Toronto to go to college and we lost touch.

I knew that we would always be friends, that the miles would not ever be a problem.

teased him all the time about being a nerd.

The other day i got a email from him and i couldnt belive it was him , this is what it says :



Dear Shawn

"I want to tell you that being a friend to someone is the best gift you can give them.

I am going to tell you a story" , the friday we first met i had planned to kill myself over the weekend. i cleaned out my locker that day , that is why i had so much books i didnt want my mom have to do it when i was gone but thankfully, I was saved. It was because you cared enough to help me when i was beeing bullied in high school and when nobody seemed to care i begain to think who would miss me and i decided against killing myself " .



After i read the email i didnt realize my actions would have so much depth to a persons life .


Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small gesture you can change a person's life for
better or for worse!

Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
There is no beginning or end.. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is mystery.Today is a gift. Show your passion for life and live like its your last day. above all never give up on hope!!

tell a friend how much you care!!!!!

A REALLY powerful Story want to thank Shawn for sharing it. Don't forget that you can contribute to the Anti Bully Blog Series by e-mailing me nancy.wood@mbsradio.com or via FB. Can't WAIT to hear your story! Want to thank Nate for designing our logo as well. The follow up to today's post will hit the web Friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment