Tuesday, May 29, 2012

So no, this is not this week's Cheap and easy recipe. In fact...there hasn't been a new one in a bit...the last SUCCESSFUL one was the pulled pork recipe. Between my short week last week and not being able to remember what day it was, combine that with covering the insanity that IS the morning show the week before...my Blog has seemed a little sad and abandoned. Don't shed a tear little one, I 'm back to share a recipe. So I'm like crazy super amped for my supper tonight, so I thought I'd share what it is I'm up to today for supper. ALSO I've never made this, this is an experimental recipe. Unlike my Cheap and easy recipes that I test and post only AFTER I'm satisfied with the recipe, this is total "seat of my pants, no idea how this will go, but oh boy I'm excited" Recipe. I'm making Shrimp Salsa and nachos for supper! Seafood haters, just turned away! I know (if she's reading) Michelle just went "Blech". K so I'm a maritimer...and I'm half Newf (on my mom's side, and she actually hated Seafood) So I'm pretty true to my roots, I've never met a seafood I DON'T like! So I came across this recipe on Pinterest...It had the whole thing, how to make the salsa and EVERYTHING! One problem...I've never met a home-made salsa I DO like...So there's some Tweeking here.


So hubs had to get the nachos...because I forgot them...I'm sick and it was PRE coffee.

We went to Superstore and grabbed Shrimp (cooked and peeled 5.99), Cream cheese (2.99 you can also use sour cream but I prefer Cream cheese with nachos) Cheddar (2.99 for a little thingy) And Salsa (Old Elpaso 2.99). I also have banana Pepper Rings, a tomato, onion and garlic at home I will be using.  Like I said I'm sick, so I'm basically using Onion and Garlic in EVERYTHING! So the plan is, over med-high heat, I'm going to get a skillet going with some EVOO, and add the chopped Onion, garlic, tomatoes, and I'll probably make the shrimp a little smaller too. Do them up until the tomato is soft, the onion is transparent and the garlic is aromatic (shrimp is already cooked, this is just heating it up). Then I'll remove it from the heat, and dump the Salsa in there and combine it all. To serve, you need the microwave! get your plate, and put a layer of the cream cheese (or sour cream) on the plate. Spoon on a layer of  the Salsa mixture, and top it with shredded cheese. Nuke it for 30sec-1min, and OM NOM NOM it with your nacho chips! Man...when do I get to eat this?!

No comments:

Post a Comment