Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bloggin Dry spell ends due to Tragedy


Okay, Okay I've been slack in my blogging. In my defense I have had nothing to say, And me talking when I have nothing to say...it's just scary. The thing that has brought me back to my blogging, I wish had never happened. I have something to talk about because of the tragic death of Corey Haim. Not sure I'm supposed to know who he is because one of his biggest movies came out the year after I was born, but I can honestly say I am/was a fan or Corey. If you ever watched the TV show "The two Corey's" on A&E, you learned of some of his demons. Corey Haim was another Casualty of teen stardom. He came out more publicly with his drug addiction in the last few years, and truly wished to get back into acting. Most of what I'm going by is from the TV show, but none the less, when I watched him try and try and always, I don't want to say fail, because that doesn't seem like the right word, but get discouraged, I felt sorry for the guy. There was a lot of things in his past that haunted him, some that he had no control over and others he was just exposed to far too young. Well today as I typically do, when I got into the station I looked online for what's up with celebrities, and I was greeted by this. I was sad, but not shocked. Corey Feldman's public statement was released about 40min ago. I've seen the "tweets" from celebrities posted in a lot of forums, but really the Feldman statement was what I was waiting for, these two were best friends and pretty much brothers, sharing in similar ups and downs through their teen star days. Seems like Corey Haim is everywhere today, getting the publicity he was so hungry for when he was alive...Rest in Peace Corey Haim.

No comments:

Post a Comment