Friday, January 20, 2012

Cheap and Easy, Edition #2 Ingredients

Logo credit Nate Williams

So last week I was nervous with the new feature on my blog, and TOTALLY had a safety net because well, I needed the first to be a success…I hope it was…THIS week I’m taking inspiration from a post one of my listeners on FB (Thank SO much Angele) AND from a recent segment I saw on the Rachael Ray Show. Last week on the show she did a Trash to Treasures Episode, and I got a GREAT Idea from it! SO here are your Ingredients:

Boneless skinless Chicken Breasts- 2/lb @ No Frills

Potato Skins (yes skins) OR Potatoes- 2.50 @ Super store

Frozen Spinach (or sub in another frozen veg)-1@ No Frills

Cream of Mushroom Soup (I forgot to pick up so hubby has to go grab for me)-.59 @ Super Store

Milk

Onion

Cheese- 3.99 @ Super store

So because I've NEVER made this before I'm not 100% sure on how much you'll need of EACH item right now. However most are REALLY good prices so you may wanna grab a few anyway (Mostly in THIS the chicken Breasts and Soup). SO yes I said potato SKINS. If you're having mashed potatoes in the next couple days instead of throwing out the peel, stick em in a bowl with some water to keep them. If not, you can just peel the crap out of a potato (My husband is on peel duty today while I'm working). No Frills has a sale on on frozen Veg right now so I grabbed a FEW and you DON'T have to do spinach, in case you have picky eaters on your hands. ACTUALLY if you have the left over broccoli from last week's recipe, that would TOTALLY work. Well that's all for notes, the new recipe comes out Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment