Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cheap and Easy

Logo Credit Nate Williams


Time for me to come clean…I haven’t been completely faithful to my blog…there IS another! Yes it’s true, I have 2 blog accounts. This is my “Work” one (so named simply because it’s got the k100 in the title) But I also have a personal one, it’s called creative rocker. Why? Because Domestic Rocker was taken (yup shout out to one of my fave bloggers). The other account, I basically say whatever I want. I can drop Eff Bombs there should I choose (though I’m not sure I ever have). This one is more professional I guess. However THIS blog may as well be changed to “The Anti-Bully Blog”, because that’s all I post on here. Is that a bad thing? NO! by NO means! I’m still VERY passionate about the project, and will continue to do so. I’ve regulated that project though and now release ONE post per week. SO I knew this blog could have more posts, but they all look like crap in comparison to the topic of GREAT importance that is the Anti-Bully blog. Until now. Last week (Friday I believe) I got into a topic of conversation on the k100 fan page, asking what people thought of a diet guru trying to push the government to start grading kids on their body weight. I KNEW going into it, I could get some heated responses…but it really didn’t get as OVERLY heated as I expect, but there WAS a debate out of it. It branched out into a discussion of eating healthy on a REALLY tight budget! THIS is a topic of conversation I’m WAY into. I’m a total foodie, I LOVE Rachael Ray (I’m little and loud like her too), and JUST like her, I LOVE to cook….but not so much on the baking. Which is good, means my mother in-law can still spoil her baby boy with HER baking. THAT combined with my love (ok my need) to save money. I’ve even started couponing. I got started there a couple months ago and got turned to some great sites and such for that (extreme couponing Canada and Rothesay coupon mom are 2 places I find myself turning to constantly).

So, I love food, I love cooking, I prefer to eat healthy (I’m not gonna lie, I dig my junk too) and I like saving money ANY way I can. All that chucked in the food processor with the topic there on the k page…hmmm, maybe I have a new project idea!

Well I think it’s obvious, I’ve decided, yes there WILL be a new project. Each week I’ll be posting a new cheap and easy recipe here on my blog! I’ll call it…YUP Cheap and Easy (I love that I get to be a little bad with the title too). SO Tuesdays I’ll be posting a “Cheap and Easy” Recipe. My PLAN is to try them out over the weekend, so I can give it it’s PROPER tryout, not just posting one with NO idea what I’m talking about. Due to my PERSONAL food Allergies (sorry I have QUITE a few) I’ll probably alter some of them. AND FINALLY I’ll release it Tuesday BECAUSE I plan to post with the ingredients, where to get the most bang for your buck. THIS is why I picked Tuesday for the release date. Tuesday is the BEST day simply because you have all your updated flyers and deals and such that day. I WAS going to post a recipe with TODAY’S post because I made soup over the weekend ( stew meat @ 3.29/lb) but I kind of forgot to write down what I was doing…so…fail! SO this weekend I’ll be trying out my FIRST recipe for the project! So wanted to give the HEADS UP on what’s coming soon to my K100 blog. If you want to check out my PERSONAL blog, I post THAT one on my PERSONAL Nancy Wood Fan page! Thanks for the inspiration guys! ALSO Keep your eyes peeled for the Anti-Bully Blog, coming brand new tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment