Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cheap and Easy Edition #15

Logo Credit Nate Williams


So another week where the choice was in your hands. If you're sitting here saying, Nancy, you're nuts, I didn't get to vote. Well On Thursday I posted a poll on MY fan page. Yes it IS a perk specifically for people on MY fan page . So if you SAW the poll, it was a tie. So the tie breaker WAS connected to people's posts AND the fact that THIS recipe has a similar method to one that I had a HUGE thank you for. Now I dunno about you, but this time of year...I worship the person who invented the slow cooker...REALLY who wants to slave over a HOT Stove? Um, not me...I'm doing EVERYTHING I can to stay cool! So cooking defeats the purpose....most of the time...the slow cooker doesn't give off much heat, so yeah...kind of love it. I really don't think I'm alone...you guys LOVE slow cooker recipes! So THIS recipe is a Pulled Pork Slow Cooker Taco recipe!!! Any time I do this blog, I imagine I'm Rachael Ray...so excuse me while I imagine a round of applause and cry out "I know"! So Friday was the most bang for your buck post in regards to ingredients you can check it out here. But this here will be the straight forward list

1bl pork tenderloin, or chicken * Note below
1 15oz can of tomato sauce or 12oz Jar Salsa
1tblsp Chilli powder
1tblsp ground cumin 
1tblsp brown sugar * Note Below
1tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt
3 cloves garlic minced * Note Below
Tortillas 
What you would usually put on your taco


* Yes you can sub in Chicken instead of pork...and change the title
*When I got to my brown sugar, I discovered that it was basically a brick. If this is the case, a friend of mine taught me a trick. Put a piece of bread in your Brown sugar, and the next day it will be set to go. 
* I've said it before I'll say it again...if you work with Garlic a lot...get a press...it will save sooo much time..and you'll smell better after.

So you need to get your pork loin in the slow cooker
In a bowl combine the other remaining ingredients excluding the tortillas. Pour it evenly over the pork.
Cook for 8 hours on low. 
When it's cooked using two forks (this is really the easiest method) shred the pork. 
Then serve in the tortillas and top with your fave taco toppings.

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment