Friday, June 15, 2012

Cheap And Easy Edition #16 Ingredients

Logo Credit Nate Williams 

Ok well another week and I've left it up to you. I kind of like posting the options and leaving it up to YOU what the recipe would be! This is the first one in a while that ISN'T a slow cooker recipe, which I feel good about. While I love my slow cooker, I know not everyone has one...even though I think they should. SO let me start this blog by saying, I will do my best to put up a poll every week for the recipe so you can have a say. I WILL make it exclusive to my fan page, so if you wanna be in on that... it's right here . Polls come out Thursday Afternoons. This weekend is my husband's Birthday, so I WAS concerned about when I would try the recipe...but you guys voted for the one I made this past week for supper, so thank YOU! 
So here are your ingredients, and where to get the MOST bang for your buck! 
1lb chicken @ No Frills 3.77/lb
 Mushrooms @ GT .98 @ Superstore 2
Onion
Garlic
Green Pepper@ Sobeys 1.29/lb
Paprika
Flour
Chicken Broth @ Superstore Campbells 2
Sour Cream
Butter
Pepper
Salt
Either Rice or noodles (if you have rice go for that if not you can get packs of ramen noodles, JUST the noodles for like $2 and there is a TON in a pack)
So those are the "sales", but I do have some notes for you on this one. The Chicken? That is a FANTASTIC buy, if you can grab more than you need and freeze it, I would. Onion, and garlic are BOTH a kitchen staple for me. I buy bags of onions, usually no more than $3, and Garlic, I usually only pay .50 for one. Paprika and Flour, are ALSO staples, I think they are in most homes. I think I've mentioned before Chicken Broth is a staple in MY kitchen. Let it be known though, I NEVER pay more than $2 for a box of it. If I'm not mistaken the best every day buy would be Walmart or Superstore. Campbells is on for $2 this week so if you prefer it, it's a good time to stock up. Sour cream, never pay more than $2 for a smaller size. I also didn't mention this because I'm not 100% sure on this because I didn't notice it in the flyer. I'm pretty sure this morning I got a LARGER container of Sour cream for just $3. 

So those are my notes, you have your ingredients! Happy Shopping and the recipe will be coming your way on Tuesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment