Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Cheap and Easy Edition # 14

Logo Credit Nate Williams


    Happy Tuesday... It's Grey out there, but it doesn't seem too gloomy. It looks like the sun is DESPERATELY trying to break through those clouds! Well where'd the nice weather go?! Last week I left the choice up to you when t comes to the Cheap and Easy recipe...two of the options were more zoned to the cooler weather, but we TOTALLY could have gotten away with them with this slight chill (I'm actually making one tonight, and I made the other Sunday).The response I got was when I was sporting the capris and flip-flops! So I can't say I was surprised when the selected recipe was the one that was stove top...and not soup! I ALWAYS test the recipe BEFORE I share it with you (this is why one didn't get posted...it sucked). This one was REALLY simple and tasty! I also had my culinary inept husband helping me too...well he claims he can't cook...but I like cooking, and it means I don't do the dishes, so it works for me. 

Let's have a quick look at the ingredients, this time with amounts and instructions

1lb Lean Ground Beef
1sm Onion chopped
2 Cloves of Garlic finely chopped (or put through the press)
1/4 tsp Pepper
1 cup rice
3 & 1/2 cups Beef Broth
1/2 cup shredded Carrot
1/2 cup Parm
3 tblsp chopped Chives

In a Skillet Brown Beef with Onion Garlic and season with the Pepper. Add the Rice, stir constantly for 2 min

Add the Broth, Bring to a boil, reduce and let it go for 10 min

Stir in the Carrot and cook for another 5 min 

Remove from heat, Stir in Cheese and Chives, let stand for 3 min

And it's as simple as THAT! Enjoy! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment