Friday, June 1, 2012

Cheap and Easy Ingredients List Edition #14


logo credit Nate Williams

I left it up to you guys this week for the recipe, and you chose the skillet recipe where the KEY ingredient was Beef! This is one on my pinterest and sits under the "recipes I'd like to try category" WHICH I will tomorrow. Tonight I'm having chicken and beet greens...and yes...that IS exciting to me (hubs is getting a "sidekick") SO here is the ingredients for the recipe, coming your way Tuesday:

1lb Lean Ground Beef- 2.49 @ Sobeys
Onion- USUALLY I shell out $3 for a bag of them, and then I don't have to worry...I use them a lot
Garlic( think I paid .50 @ Sobeys)
Pepper (kitchen staple)
Rice-4.99 @ Superstore
Beef Broth- I never pay more than $2 for broth, it's one of MY Kitchen staples (Chicken is the more common variety) I usually get it at Superstore, or Walmart
Carrots (I think I paid $2 @ Sobeys)
Parm- I find I can get the smaller containers for 3 something of FRESH from Superstore
Chives- Typically I get these at Superstore, they're about $2...not sure what Sobeys sells them for

I made a BUNCH of notes today LOL! ANYWAY those are the ingredients...and I'm now hungry! LOL Have a GREAT weekend, and I'll post the recipe on TUESDAY! Not sure I can post it on FB, because they're still calling me spam (I think) but my blog is actually pretty easy to find :D



No comments:

Post a Comment