Monday, March 21, 2011

It's Spring...Now Get Out...

Of the house I mean. So this had been my first NOT ridiculously busy weekend in a long time, and what it the first thing I do? Spring Cleaning! Well some anyway that was a chunck of my Saturday, and then I got to go to Canterbury (nearly lost track of time at one point...ooops). Since it kind of sucked I spent my day INSIDE on Saturday my posse (Cale, Amy, Justin, Amanda & Josh) and I decided to get outside. So after a bit of FB chatting, we all piled into Josh's truck and set out on an adventure...not before the necessary stops on the way (Walmart, McDonalds and Tim Hortons). We hit up the Irving Nature Park, which BTW the roads are not open for yet...with good reason. About 3 min into the walk 3 of us discovered the addidas shell style shoes were a BAD choice. There was a lot of ice (and at the beginning, crap). For starters when I get out with these people, there is NEVER a dull moment. BUT it was also kind of cool to see the paths (yup we went in the trails in the woods) at this time of year. We got a BUNCH of pics, and Justin got a video. ALSO it was Justin's first time ever there, so we let him have the telescope longest to see the seals, lol. There was a lot of slipping and sliding, actually the way out was a sheet of ice, and I followed Amy. I get very vocal with stuff like that so she turned around a lot to try and help me. For falling, well I was down once, Josh fell like 30 seconds after I got up. BUT I think my Fiance, Cale fell the MOST, I have a pair of muddy jeans to wash now actually...he was playing with a tree and fell...yup that's the guy I'm marrying... LOL. Since I've mentioned EVERYONE else except her, I need to mention, Amanda was there too...she's just usually the quietest one there (none of us are REALLY quiet but yeah)BUT it wouldn't be as much fun without her. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment