Friday, March 11, 2011

The Villain

So last night I was admiring a FAB pic my friend's husband drew and posted on fb, it was awesome. ANYWAY, they some how got on to the topic of my favorite villain of all time Darth VADER! And well my friend's husband started talkin smack. This is where I came in, once upon a time Darth Vader did hold the title of #1 Villain of all time. So I googled it. He now ranks#3, Beat By Hanibal Lector from Silence of the Lambs and Anthony Perkins from Psycho. I've never seen Psycho, but I think the intellect and humanity in Lector is what earned him that position. PS Joker was #45.

BUT in my google search there was also another list, a list of the top COMIC BOOK Villains of all time! Here's where I get REALLY Geeky. This one got my attention FAR more because A, it gave you the reasoning WHY these characters placed as they did, B, I'm a total comic book geek, and c, on the top COMIC book Villains, I would side with Corey, #1 SHOULD be Joker. HOWEVER DC's Joker was in fact beat our by Marvel's Magneto. Insert ongoing Marvel VS DC battle here!As I mentioned earlier, this list DID have it's reasoning behind it posted.

For those of you who DON'T know the story behind Magneto, here's a little info. Magneto is a villain in the X-MEN Comics. His REAL name is Max Eisenhardt. His Villainy stems from his childhood. He was a Jewish Child in the HEIGHT of Hitler's reign. He witnessed the terrors of the time, and he survived life in a concentration camp (If memory serves me, his family didn't). As most of the characters in X-MEN Comics, he is a mutant with magnetic powers...so guess where his name came from...ANYWAY the storyline in the X-MEN comics features "regular people" living in fear of the mutants, either wanting them controlled or eliminated. The X-MEN fight to live in Harmony while Magneto, has taken the things he has endured in his childhood, and turn them on Humanity. He's also commands the spotlight in the story line, and he IS a legendary Character.

The Joker, he is probably one of THE most complex comic book characters of ALL time.A point my friend's husband mentioned in our talk last night, Joker has no motive, which adds to his complexity. ON THAT note, Dark Knight, LOVE that they had Alfred NAIL that point (his talk about in the jungle, watch it). Something I took away from what the site that posted this, is that typically the primary character is the hero, in the case of Batman and Joker, Batman tends to play second fiddle. THAT ALONE is why I feel Joker should have had that #1 spot.

I got really into this list so here's just a few more highlights

Top 10

1. Magneto (Marvel)
2. Joker (DC)
3. Dr. Doom (Marvel)
4. Lex Luthor (DC)
5. Galactus (Marvel)
6. Darkseid (DC
7. Ra's Al Ghul (DC)
8. Loki (Marvel)
9. Dark Pheonix (Marvel)
10.Kingpin (Marvel)

Top FEMALE Villain

Catwoman took #11, Some MIGHT Debate that Pheonix is the top female, however, the Dark Pheonix is an ENTITY that basically possessed Jean Grey, Jean is a female but Jean is also not a Villain.


To have a look at the full list visit:

http://comics.ign.com/top-100-villains/index.html

Thus concludes the blog where I out myself as a HUGE Geek. I'll end with this Villains, without them our heros are Pointless

No comments:

Post a Comment