Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Anti Bully Blog Series, Edition #1 Follow up


So yesterday was the first post in the series, and I'm REALLY happy with how it's been received. Because yesterday's was Anonymous I've been gushing to that individual since I started getting feedback. I can't share with you who it was, because this person chose to take me up on contributing anonymously, an offer I've made to EVERYONE involved. I expect about 1-3 more contributions this week, perhaps more, but I think one more this week can be guaranteed. I think with each of these stories we have the opportunity to learn something. The first one works on just SO many levels. It addressed of course bullying, what this entire series is about. But why? Material objects was part of it. I fail to see how the worth of an individual can be measured by possessions. I Understand that society quite often does this, but it makes it no less pathetic. Another reason was because they were different. Well I do know this person personally, and they are different, an individual. For me personally I can respect an individual more than a sheep. How BORING would it be if everyone was the same?! So we choose to shun and abuse people who are? For an intelligent society that's freakin stupid!I'm glad this person came to the other side with a positive outlook. Unfortunately that's not always the case. The first person I approached for this project was maybe the worst case of bullying I've ever seen in my life. Their hesitation with the project is that they said that they don't really see a positive story in theirs. Unfortunately that's the reality. We don't always have a happy ending. I'm happy they're on this side of it now able to tell their story. Not sure when that one will be coming but I think this person won't let me down. I do have an interview planned with my longest running friend. He's told me he doesn't need to be anonymous. Our Parents have been friends for years and I've literally known him as long as he's been born, which was 6 months after me. While I DO know bits an pieces of his story, he's never actually opened up to me about that. SO If all goes to plan his Story should be Edition #2. Thanks for reading, I hope you'll continue to, and spread the word. Remember the person in the first Edition has given me the ok to open up the lines of communication. If you have something you'd like to ask or say to them, you can message me on FB or e-mail me @ nancy.wood@mbsradio.com I offer to you the same Anonymity I offer to all the contributors. Also if you'd like to be a contributor and share your story you can message me for this as well. One more thing you can message me for, is the logo. If you are artistic and would like to send me a logo design I'll feature it in an up coming edition. Thanks to Nate for the one on today's post! If you'd like to spread the word don't hesitate to post this or any of the parts of this series on your facebook or anywhere else you can think of! Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment