Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Anti Bully Blog Series, Edition #4


*WARNING* The Following Blog Post Contains Mature Subject Matter that Some People May Find Disturbing. Discretion IS Advised

I didn't post that to be funny, you may seriously find this disturbing. I'd been braced a little for it because I know this individual and it still bothered me. THAT being said it's a story with a VERY strong message, and while it might be disturbing to some, it will also hammer home the point of this blog series. My friend has elected to remain anonymous, and took it upon themselves to write their own piece. You won't see any interaction from me,it is completely them. I hope in some ways this was helpful to them, and I hope it will be for you as well.

It started when I was 5 -Grade primary. It started about 3 months into the school year someone thought it's be funny to make fun of my last name. they made so many "changes" and disgusting references with it . it became a daily occurance that hurt my feelings...as a small child you're easily hurt. This continued into tripping me on the bus so i would fall into the mud,guck and grime on the bus floor.this progressed into pushing me down and shoving me at any opportunity.Then a select group of girls took it upon them selves to be my constant bullies. They pulled my hair,tripped me pushed me called me names. it was every day. teachers couldn't catch them,bus drivers would talk, I was screwed! I told me parents but the school said nothing.did nothing. it continued to jr high. My first boyfriend was chased away from the bulling that occurred. So I had to date boys from outside my own school who didn't know me or them. at this point my bullies got worse-I was then tortured with harsher names,slut whore etc. I hadn't even had sex but was a whore? WTF? I was so hurt. At 15 I was raped,while babysitting for a "family friend" and guess what happened at school when it got out? I asked for it,It was my fault,it didn't happen I was looking for attention. Imagine having to go through the emotional chaos of being raped,courts&trial etc....to deal with this at school on top of it? I became suicidal.and was in a downward spirial. My aunt caught me cutting myself up trying to achieve what i wanted most to just die.I had enough..I slowly came around to become secure,changed schools,got new friends, changed my life.Only to not know that while i was living with my aunt my sister was taken the heat i once endured.OMG. Life at home was hard as our parents were split and dad drank quite a bit. My sister was great in school and had it all except for a few bad ppl who had older siblings that i went to school with who decided she was like me....infact we couldn't have been more opposite! She was laughed at during her last hours on this earth because of anothers mistake during a tae kwon do demonstration she did with my aunt at her school. she took it to heart. then a couple of friend accused her of things she wasn't doing. She came home and succeeded in what I didn't.at 14 she took my dad's rifle and shot herself in the head. Gone -my only sibling. MY little sister. I didn't know it was so bad...I missed it,I was filled in by her "friends" after it went down. Why couldn't anyone open their mouth to tell me there was a problem? They sure could open their mouths to bad mouth her or me ....pass along the rumors,etc but couldn't take 5 mins talk to her find the truth and apologize?
Why is it that now technology is the new way to "hide" Bullies hide behind this crap now. I mean really? Doesn't that make them the cowards? Parents need to be even more vigilant with the kids and the kids need to learn respect. Problem is it starts at home and i'm sure what happened in my generation to have lost so much respect for other to not teah your own kids . I was taught the most valuable lesson in life it was "To treat others as you want to be treated." Why can't school enforce this more? Why is it not taught at home? I hope we can all find a way to help those who need it. Support kids help phone...pass this out to every child you know. Let them know someone is there. If it's the only thing you do, it's better than nothing.

A HUGE thank you to this Anti-bully. Remember any questions about this or any blog post can be e-mailed, in the strictest of confidence to nancy.wood@mbsradio.com.

Logo credit to Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment