Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Anti-Bully Blog Series Edition #22

Logo credit Nate Williams

Is it just me or is this getting WORSE?! We're now hearing of kids who are lighting other kids hair ON FREAKIN FIRE! Kind of starting to wonder if there is like an underground bully conspiracy going on! Now more than ever the time to fight AGAINST bullying is SO important! In my edition last week, I forgot to mention another Anti-bully...supporters. I have a few of my friends who fire me off stories ALL the time to help me with the blog. These are also Anti-bullies, because they're helping with this awareness. ONE sent me a story here earlier this week that I REALLY need to talk about today!

Apparently there is something called a "Bully circle" (confirming further my conspiracy theory). And that's apparently the LITERAL term. A group of bullies (Or more likely a bully and their little minions) they haul in a kid, and start pushing them around and stuff until they're hurt and or down...This could be COMPLETELY random...so there may be no "Warning signs". I know my stomach just turned too.

I DO however have some GOOD news, not all doom and gloom. Well it's good, but unfortunate it got to this point. If you've read some of my EARLY posts on the Anti-bully blog, the interviews, there was a VERY unfortunate trend. When I asked them, what did the school do, most times the school system FAILED that person (I don't think any of the schools were local but still). While you're dealing with kids, I would THINK we'd like to keep it at a school level...but with things getting worse...it calls for slightly stricter measures.

I guess earlier this week the Saint John Police spoke at a school about this issue. They went in and told kids where they could turn and I guess that if the bully is over 12, it will be looked at as a criminal offence. Sucks that it's HAD to go there, but good that something is being done!

For the Kids who read this here's a bit of an explanation for you

Pushing, kicking, hitting, etc= Assult
Cyberbullying = Threatening, and/or harassment
Name calling= Harassment

Police are apparently saying that these criminal behaviors will not be tolerated by the school, the police, OR the community! This is actually REALLY good news, as harsh as it may seem to some. So this is the news I wanted to share, because the unfortunate reality of this blog is typically, it's not good news on here...

QUICK reminder, if you have questions or something you'd like to contribute to the Anti-bully blog you can FB me http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000717438391 Or e-mail me nancy.wood@mbsradio.com Everything is confidential unless you give me permission to use the info and or your name.

Also Join the movement, I'm an admin on an Anti-bully group on Fb. We discuss, inform and do our little bit to stand up against bullying Anti Bullies Unite


No comments:

Post a Comment