Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Simon Pegg Day!


Yeah it's Valentines day, and I COULD be crapped on for what I'm about to say from a friend of mine...I don't celebrate Valentines day...I'm kind of not a big fan. Can't even TELL you how freakin thankful my husband is for that. I dug it when I was a kid, that's when it was fun! You went out and grabbed your FAVORITE Valentines (I sported the X-men one year...it was awesome) and did one up for EVERYONE in your class! Then on Valentines day in the afternoon you had a party at school and didn't do any work. Instead parents would send in cup cakes and chocolates, and the teachers would have the kids long enough to give them that sugar high and send them home (yeah parents didn't think that one through did they). As I got older, it became this depressing day, where if you were in the "friend zone" with anyone, it was WAY more excruciating that day. I kind of grew to hate it. This all being said, the card from my mother in-law was MUCH appreciated because it brought back some of that innocents from the childhood Valentines day. I'm not judging anyone who celebrates it, if you like it, do what makes you Happy right? SO I'm not celebrating that...but I AM celebrating...SIMON PEGG DAY!

I'd be a pretty crappy fan indeed if I didn't recognize the fact that my FAVORITE Actor is celebrating his birthday today! I'm a loud and proud self proclaimed geek...and really...this guy should be the King of geek land! He's a short skinny guy who came into the spotlight with his late 90's comedy Spaced where he played a Skateboarding comic book geek who could probably quote episodes 3-6 of Star Wars with out hesitation. He worked with his BEST friend on that, and 3 live action movies, one that has a cult following (shaun of the dead) another that if it hasn't REACHED that level...it's close (Hot Fuzz), and one with a FREAKIN ALL STAR CAST (Paul). He has lent his voice to Video games (ie Fable), and family movies (Tin tin and One of the Ice Age movies). This Guy is like the Gene Simmons of the geek world (reference to another hero of mine). And seriously this guy's geek dreams have come true...he played Scotty in the 2009 Star Trek Movie, and will be reprising the role in the upcoming film (currently shooting). These are some of the reasons I idolize the guy.

So like I said if you're Celebrating Valentines day, whatever makes you happy...but I'll Celebrate (unofficially) Simon Pegg Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment