Thursday, February 16, 2012

SO a couple months back I'd talked on air about a restaurant in Vegas called the Heart Attack Grill. They have a burger on their menu called the "Triple bypass burger" and the menu claims their food is "A taste worth dying for". Well...it almost came to that, I guess a man ordered this burger...and had a heart attack. Now when I talked about it a couple months back, it was kind of a light story, one of those "Really"? stories...well my circumstances have changed slightly because of this. I'm going dark here...my dad had blockages in his arteries...and it killed him. One thing my family is pretty good for...is being blunt so we're all aware that it was a combo of his diet, and his smoking. What's more, dad would have admitted that too. Because he has 3 close blood relatives left (myself, my brother and my uncle) we were told to watch ourselves because this stuff is genetic. So needless to say we're all looking at topics such as this FAR more seriously. I think of the 3 of us I was...or even could still be the least healthy of us. Something like this DEFINITELY puts things like taking care of yourself into perspective.

I'm not getting preaching and telling you "NEVER EAT HAMBURGERS, ONLY EAT HEALTH FOOD", that would make me a hypocrite...I was eating a bag of chips on my way into work today . What you eat is your business. But I would hope if you're making food choices, you know HOW to make the right ones. This is where I'm like, what is the deal with this restaurant? See that pic at the top? That's from their business! The Single bypass? Ok, that looks kind of cool, but past that one? they start to look like, "we're just going to make you stuff your face and look like a pig, oh don't worry if you drool it adds to the image"!

While I think the idea of the restaurant is flat out STUPID, why is it THEY are the ones under fire for this? The guy ordered a burger called the TRIPLE BYPASS BURGER! How the HELL is THAT a good idea?! Hope you enjoy your boiled tofu and lentils, because that's LIKELY what you'll be eating the rest of your life dude.

I really hope no one thinks I'm being preachy here...I'm not saying nix bacon...good lord, I could NEVER say that...I'm just saying there's indulgence... and then there's ASKIN for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment