Wednesday, February 22, 2012

K100's IWK Radiothon




So tomorrow is the IWK Radiothon we've been talking about FOREVER! I call it K100's, it's not just K though, Big John AND CFBC are in on this. I've mentioned on air how much behind the scenes stuff there has been. I've chatted with SEVERAL people HERE in OUR community that have had to use the IWK, and know that above and Beyond Care that the IWK gives, and how VERY appreciated it is. If you've missed me talking about this in the past, I myself am a former patient. So no, I'm not JUST SAYING that because I'm in the studio, in front of a Microphone and told to say that. I've lived it. I often wonder if the people who work there REALIZE that the level of PERSONAL care they provide DAILY is considered above and beyond, because it seems to come naturally. Leading up to this Radiothon, I've learned how much further that above and beyond care goes. There are so MANY local families touched by the IWK! I'm not sure how many people realize just how VERY lucky we are to have a place like the IWK to give that care, and while families are going through treatment (because you effect one in a family, you effect the WHOLE family) how much they do to make it easier on parents, and other siblings as well as the patient! There is SO much going on with the Radiothon over the next few days, we'll hear stories from people in our OWN community who know how the IWK does EVERYTHING they can to help you not just with care, but with other aspects of your life that are impacted by a child's stay there. THIS is why we're doing what we're doing. THIS is why we're asking you to come out to McAllister Place at SOME point tomorrow or Friday and help us help the hospital that has done SO much and saved SO many Children from right here at home. The MAIN goal is of course to raise money for the IWK but if the meeting I was in today is ANY indication, it's going to be and INTENSE and FUN 2 days. So make sure you pop out! Can't wait to see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment