Monday, February 20, 2012

The Anti-Bully Blog Series Edition #23

Logo credit Nate Williams

So you may be seeing this and thinking..."hmmm did I get the day wrong? Is it ACTUALLY halfway through the week? " and start dancing a jig...sorry to burst your bubble...it's Monday. So what is an Anti-Bully Blog doing up? Well some times you need to colour outside of the lines...what that means, is there was something I needed to talk about RIGHT AWAY pertaining to the blog, and for that reason you're seeing the blog today.

So I've mentioned in the past how friends help me with the blog, in a few different ways, one is sharing stories with me. One literally hit my inbox 15min ago, that turned my stomach. Unfortunately in SEVERAL posts I've done over the year there have been a LOT of cases where the school FAILED the kid getting bullied...well it's looking like it may have happened again. So there's this kid, he's 16, and his name is Brenden. He and his family have been getting threats amd harassment since October. It was time for the family to take some DRASTIC measures. Brendan is no longer going to GO to that school, or ANY OTHER school in this province, he's headed to NS. It hasn't been released where he's headed, but to be honest in this case it's good it hasn't (not to mention, it's no ones Business). He's not getting a simple transfer...LEAVING THE PROVINCE! It has to be PRETTY bad to go that far. Now his family is HOPING that he'll be able to come BACK to NB by the Fall, because well it's his HOME! By then there will be some new bullying laws being put in place.

It's taken FAR too long for Anti-bullying legislation to be brought in, but in the case of RECENT events it IS supposed to be coming THIS SPRING, so there just may be a better place for Brenden to come back to. The Problem is it should have happened BEFORE a kid got Harassed and threatened for Months, or had their hair cut, or lit on fire, or a parent had to hire a freakin BODYGUARD for their child. There is a comedy movie based around this idea (Drillbit Taylor), so the thought of it being NECESSARY is RIDICULOUS! What has taken us THIS FAR?! Anyway, I wanted to share this story and my TOTAL disgust with the situation. I should still have your Wednesday edition of the Anti-bully blog (because unfortunately something will likely pop up to talk about).

Remember any time you have questions or something you'd like to contribute to the Anti-bully blog you can FB or e-mail me nancy.wood@mbsradio.com. Everything is confidential until I have permission from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment