Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Anti-Bully Blog Series Edition #26


Logo Credit Nate Williams


So If you haven't heard about the movie Bully yet, you need to. I was actually talking about it this morning with my husband, and he was telling me that there's some MAJOR controversy with it right now relating to the movie Hunger Games. Hunger Games, where you have kids hunting each other, is rated PG 13...ok fine. BUT due to the "Language" in Bully it's getting an R rating...and kind of defeats the purpose of the whole movie. Just some info on Bully. This is a documentary, a year in the life of the MAJOR issue of bullying. Now it covers the story behind a FEW kids from the looks of it, but one in particular, took his own life and his parents are now fighting against bullying. To the censors I'd like to point out, you're censoring this to the age group USING the language. I'm not trashing Hunger games, I'm interested to see it myself. BUT It sounds slightly worse than Bully as far as censoring goes...the BIG difference is Bully is TRUE. Not only should the rating be lowered so kids CAN see it, I think it should be Mandatory in schools. Will it hit the kids hard? Um YEAH likely...but unfortunately we've gotten to the point where you NEED to nail it! KIDS ARE DYING! Not saying it NEVER happened when I was a kid, but it wasn't EVERY WEEK you hear about a new kid who was bullied to the extent they were INJURED BADLY or worse...took their OWN LIFE! Put yourself in the position of the parents who have had to hold a funeral for their OWN CHILD! These are parents who looked at their kids and wondered what wonderful things their kids would do in this world, and INSTEAD, had those plans cut short, because this world was SO harsh, their baby couldn't stay in it...But Kids who are doing this TO them can't see the movie because of the language...Do you see what I'm getting at here?

Remember if you have questions about the Anti-bully blog or something to contribute, you can facebook me OR E-mail me nancy.wood@mbsradio.com

No comments:

Post a Comment