Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cheap and Easy Edition #8


Logo Credit Nate Williams


So Cheap and Easy has become EVEN EASIER...for me. I have a TON of recipes! Ones off the top of my head, a ton from my nanny, aunts, mother in-law, and of course Rachael! I am the type who really likes trying new stuff in the kitchen (be good, isn't it bad enough the blog feature is called Cheap and Easy). So now that Pinterest is in existence, um...boo ya! So when I'm making up my grocery list (usually Thursday night) I'm going through flyers of course for the best deals (for this feature, and my every day groceries) and I make a menu. When I draw a blank? Hello Pinterest. Recipes are LIKELY the thing I pin most and this is one of those recipes. Quickly here are the ingredients

1lb Boneless Skinless chicken breasts
1 Can Cream of Chicken soup
1 cup Salsa
1 pk Taco Seasoning
1 cup Sour Cream

So that was what the ACTUAL recipe called for and ALL of it was on sale (bonus)

Now the recipe itself said serve with nacho chips...ok you could! I think this might make the recipe more kid friendly (just the fun factor) BUT Tortillas were on sale last week...so I went that way, and turned this into Chicken Tacos!

So I also mentioned your typical taco toppings as well, but that's all personal preference

Here is what you do to make this

Pop out the slow cooker. Combine the soup, salsa and taco seasoning. Then Submerge your chicken in there. Cook for 5-6 hours on low. As you're cooking this, you'll notice the sauce is going to start cooking to the sides. Well in the last hour of cooking you're going to add the sour cream. This is going to get the stuff off the sides (hooray)! So if you do this taco style, you spoon it up on your totrillas and top accordingly. IF you're going the nacho route, spoon it into a bowl and top accordingly...yay dip!

So that's this week's recipe! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment