Thursday, March 1, 2012

Making it work for us


I've come to discover whenever there's change, there's typically pro's and cons. Well my my household, there's been some pretty major scheduling changes. With my old time slot people used to say "wow, do you like that schedule? You get off SO late". Ok, yeah I did, but so did the hubs. It REALLY synced up well. We both slept in to unreasonable times that the average person would curse at us under their breath at us out of jealousy. And went to bed at times a typical bar hoping 19 year old would call late. It was a working system. Then came 2 BIG changes in the schedules. The Hubs NOW goes into work later, and my schedule has changed so I'm going in MUCH earlier. SO my schedule (on a good day) I'm now up at 8am, and head to work around 10-10:30, which is roughly when the hubs gets up to drive me in. So we have a half hour there. I'm home in time to have supper made for when he takes his supper break...then we have another half hour. His typical days off are Friday and Saturday and mine are Saturday and Sunday. So yeah, far more conflict...combining that with the grossness of the grey sky...the hubs is bummed. And I'm a freak...because it REALLY hasn't hit me yet. I LOVE having my evenings, but miss my BFF! So yeah that's a MAJOR con. BUT there ARE some up points. His Friday's off? That LONG day of sitting at home in a state of boredom? It's now A LOT shorter, I'm home in the evenings so YAY! With how early I get off in the evenings, by god! this summer there is potential for 2 night camping trips! 2 FREAKIN NIGHTS! I'd by lying if I said I wasn't amped about that. BUT like I said, hubs is bummed. This is a discussion we literally JUST had and the best possible solution we could come up with . So I can't really stay up for him to get home...there would be an exhausted and cranky( more than usual) Nancy on K100...and that won't do. And he can't get up earlier because well if he got cranky...I couldn't live with him...like he'd be a major poo head, and likely not feel well 90% of the time because he's got a job that is PHYSICALLY exhausting. SO our solution? Well the newly formulated plan! Focus on making the time we DO have quality. And (this one is still experimental) Wednesday, we sneak a couple hours. He'll be getting up an hour before I leave for work while I'll stay up an hour after he gets off. Now I REALLY don't think we could do this EVERY day, we'd be beat. But he's going to give up one hour of sleep a week, and I'll be giving up more, BUT Wednesday is Criminal Minds and SVU night...I can TOTALLY stay up for those and the hubs! He's worth staying up for! I just wanted to share the story today...if you read this and thought "Who cares" joke's on you! You read the whole thing and wasted your time with something you don't care about. Boss people! (both my and my husbands) we're not complaining, that's not what this post it about. This post is about adapting. Life is ALWAYS changing, and you need to adapt. THIS is how we plan to. I'm not a relationship expert, nor do I pretend to be. There are times I think my husband is a HUGE poo head, and I KNOW there are times I'm a nightmare to him. BUT we make it work as best we can...and I think that's WORTH sharing :)...I love you stink head!

No comments:

Post a Comment