Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Anti-Bully Blog Series Edition #28


Logo Credit Nate Williams

So hoping I'm not screwing myself today with the Anti-bully Blog because I actually have 2 things to talk about. I didn't choose JUST one because I didn't want to choose. So hopefully I still have material for next week.

Last week there wasn't a post because well, I was home,sick, and doing EVERYTHING the Dr. Told me to do (and there was a LOT). If you've EVER watched Daytime TV, you kind of know...it sucks. BUT then there are times where something obscure comes on, that can be interesting. A while back I was watching Slice and caught a movie called Girl fight, based off a true story starring Twilight actress, Jodelle Ferland. Well Slice came through again! I caught another movie I recommend calles Cyber Bully, starring Hannah Montana Actress, Emily Osment. The movie covers the struggle that a young girl goes through when cyber bullied by basically her entire school on a FB type site. AND what's more is it shows her mother's struggle to seek justice for her daughter. Yes, it's another one I recommend. Kudos as well to young actresses who are portraying these roles. They're not well known titles so I can't IMAGINE it's a MAJOR asset to their careers professionally. While I REALLY think that this is one that KIDS should see, I think it's a good one for parents too.


So that's one thing I wanted to cover. Here is the other. I'm a TOTAL backer of Bullying Canada! I get their news letters all the time and I think in the past I've even used some of their material to do anti-bully posts. Well that's basically what I'm doing today. Typically speaking when I cover bullying, I talk about the kids. The Kids seem to be the most common victims...or are they? I think we may HEAR about them the most, because adults have a tougher skin or something. When I FIRST took on this project, I was focusing on the kids. Along the way I discovered, the adults are victims too. The LATEST newsletter I got, was talking about bullying issues at NB power...People have reported this to Bullying Canada. There have been meetings with Bullying Canada and MANY calls. Bullying Canada sent out numbers for specific dates and areas (no names for the sake of confidentiality). One day I just looked at...23 calls...and they mentioned not ALL areas are covered. Actually I don't see SJ on there once. I'm not sure if this means they don't have their numbers to report or if it's one of the better areas. SO Adults, I apologize, for over a year I've neglected you and you've been victimized just as much.

Ok so I'm getting a little personal here today. I REALLY didn't want to do the blog at all today...I'm having a rough one, it's my dad's birthday. I feel REALLY weird not having sent him a card or called him or anything like that...it's a bit of a struggle today. I think because it's HIS though, I kind of had to do this post. My dad was my hero, so you've probably seen me gush about him on here. Dad was also a MAD supporter of the Anti-bully blog, so I think it's kind of weird that his year his Birthday popped up on the same day as the blog. So like I said, I didn't want to do it today, but dad was the driving force...I bet he's thinking "oh sure but when I told you to do your homework as a kid you never listened to me"!

No comments:

Post a Comment