Monday, April 2, 2012

Summer Prep Week 3

SO with this blog series...I'm learning a lot. Something I've learned in adulthood, with guidance from my Uncle and my own experience...it's not necessarily a BAD thing to fail. If you fail and learn from your failure you can no longer call it a failure. PREFECT example...ok parents I'm about to either become a good role model for the kids or a REALLY bad one. Looking back at my High school years...I should NOT have graduated when I did. I should have been held back, I wasn't a hard enough worker, I slipped through the cracks. THEN I got to college and applied the SAME mentality...I failed one class...but it was enough to turn my 2 year course into a 3 year course. I'm really actually proud of this story, because let me tell you, my family thought that I had just ruined my life when I did this. I was in school for Radio (granted the class I failed...really had nothing to do with the radio side of broadcasting). They thought that was the end of the road for my post secondary career. THIS was my wake up call! I realized if I wanted my career in radio... I had to work hard. I'm still in a male dominated industry, and I was the ONLY female in my class. Well I went back and like I said THAT was the wake up call for me. I graduated ALMOST with honors (seriously was a fraction of points away) AND I was furious I didn't. BUT I walked out I think I was tied for MOST awards at our ceremony (with one of the TV students, again only female in her class). My dad told me he was SO proud of me. BUT I needed to fail. I needed to fail to REALIZE that I needed to WORK for what I wanted, and some times that included work I didn't want to do.

Well...this is a FAR smaller scale...but it applies with my progress on my weekly goals in my Summer Prep. SO now you're like, Nancy failed at her goals...no, I didn't, I learned my weakest point.

I got one room GLEAMING in my apartment and thanks to my father in-law I ALSO have the shelf I've been meaning to put up since Before Christmas on the wall too. Mission accomplished.

My 8 Glasses...I didn't do a GREAT job of keeping track. I kind of got it without noticing to be honest. It was actually when a co-worker said to me "you're going to the bathroom again? Are you ok?" that's when I realized the increase in the H20 was there. Mission accomplished.

My Weakness? Exercise. THAT is where I dropped the ball... SO this is the goal I need to go back and examine.

Ok so exercise, why do I avoid it?
Because it's easier to sit in my recliner and play with my laptop?
Because I can think of a BUNCH of things I'd RATHER do?

What DO I like about exercise?
There is a sense of accomplishment when I do it
I'd like to see the results of consistent exercise
I tend to be MORE productive over all if I've exercised

Another thing about exercise? I need it to reach my summer goals. I haven't mentioned these before BUT I have 2 goals this summer. One is to Do marathon by the sea in 1 hour this year. That's shaving about 15 min off of my time (and Jay's) last year (that being said Jay could probably have done it last year). My other goal? Complete Treego. Last year, I went and I did two thirds...at the beginning of the second part, I did the tarzan rope, and my arms weren't strong enough to do it THAT way (there was an alternative, I should have taken). Come to fins out, when I climbed down, I'd just completed the HARDEST part of the course. SO exercise, is going to help me achieve these goals...it needs to improve.

SO re-examining the Exercise goal here is THIS weeks!

Exercise a minimum of 30 min per day. Seems smaller than the previous goals, but I apparently need to start from square 1. I'm also going to need some added structure here, so my alarm is NOW set for 6am. Tomorrow morning when it goes off @ 6I'll be getting up. I'll be eating something and FIRST choice of exercise is running. I just WISH I could find my freakin Ipod! So this IS the goal that will be getting the MOST attention this week...because it would seem it needs the most focus. BUT it's not my ONLY goal, I have to look at the other two categories too.

Get another room completely spring cleaned...THIS time, the Kitchen! I know that' s a scary one, but it's the one I have my sights on

And finally...and THIS is a BIG one...cut back on the caffeine...I know we NEVER expected for me to go for this one...BUT there is reasoning behind it...more on that in future goals...and that will be another tough goal! SO we'll see how that goes for THIS week.

So these are the goals...lets see how I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment