Friday, April 27, 2012

Cheap and Easy Edition #11 Ingredients

Logo Credit Nate Williams 

This is an EXCITING week! To those people who have been after me for a great Crock pot recipe, this is by FAR one of my Favorites! What's more is I have co-workers who can vouch. BOTH our engineer and our producer. I'd made this after a long week (less for me, a long week for them) this recipe makes A LOT and I thought, hey, maybe I can brighten their day and brought some in for them...it did brighten their day. I think our engineer was shocked I could cook. Our Engineer has been here working away ALL week, and that made me think of this recipe. BONUS a bunch of the ingredients are on sale too! SO here are your Ingredients with where to get the most bang for your buck. Going to try something new too. I'm going to list a couple options with the prices. I figure people east may not want to go west for the best buy or the other way around either. SO I'm giving a couple options in hopes it may be easier on you!

5 fully cooked sausages- 2.99/lb no Frills, Johnsonville 3.99 at Superstore for a pack 4.49 Schniders @ sobeys
2 Cups Chicken Broth
1/2 cup white wine (optional, I usually get a cheaper dry white wine I keep in the house, but I don't have any now so I'll be omitting it)
1 cup brown rice- Min rice 2.97 @ No Frills
1 can stewed tomatoes -Aylmer 1 @ Superstore, Hunts 2/1 @ Sobeys
1 can black beans or kidney beans drained and rinsed  (I wasn't a fan of the black they were a little overwhelming so I'm going Kidney next time. IF you hate beans these are also optional) .77 @ No Frills 1 @ Superstore
1/2 an onion chopped 3lb onion 1.50@ No Frills  2lb .99 @ Chocran's
1/2 head garlic chopped (or pressed)
3 Celery ribs chopped .99 @ Chocran's
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 Can corn .67 No Frills
2 cups peeled shrimp-3.99 @ No Frills (only need 1 pk)

No comments:

Post a Comment